How To Use The Outlook Add-In For Meetings
If you are using Office 365:
- Click here for End-User Guide
- Click here for Admin Guide
The article is an overview of:
- The Outlook Add-in
- Scheduling a Meeting using the Add-in
- Windows version 7 or 10:
- OS X 10.10 or later
- Outlook 2016
- Hosted Exchange Server 2013 or higher
- Online Meeting service (any plan)
To start a meeting from Outlook:
- In your Outlook client, see the Quick Access Toolbar at the top of the Outlook ribbon and the Meet Now button on the right-hand side while viewing the Home tab in Outlook
- When you click the Meet Now button, if you are not already logged in to your Online Meeting account, you will be asked to log in:
- The Add-in will search for the Desktop Application and if installed, it will open that and start your meeting
If the application is not installed, it will offer a button to install the application.
- Depending on your operating system, you may be prompted by the Add-In to allow our application. For example, for Windows 10:
Uncheck the Always ask before opening this type of address box if you do not want it to ask each time you hold a meeting.
Note: Because Outlook will default to Internet Explorer or Edge web browser, launching Chrome as your default meeting platform is not supported by the Outlook Add-in. Installing our Desktop Application will be required to use the Outlook Add-in to launch meetings from Outlook.
- The Add-in also allows you to log out, so you may log in to a different account if you are using more than one account (for example, a personal account vs a shared team account, or test accounts).
- Once logged in, you will see your Meeting URL, dial-in information and the Enter My Meeting button so you may start a meeting at any time. Below that there is the link to send an email invitation which will open an email for you to send with your meeting information already populated
You may remove the Add-in from view at any time by clicking the X on the upper right corner:
Schedule a Meeting
To schedule a meeting and insert your meeting information:
- Navigate to your Outlook calendar and choose a date and time you wish to hold a meeting. Give your meeting a title in the subject line of the invitation
- Click the Add Online Meeting button on the Quick Access ribbon:
- Finish your invitation with choosing invitees and send it out
The Location area also contains Mobile friendly dial-in that will automatically dial the phone number and pin for mobile users.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Outlook Add-In FAQ and refer to the Outlook Add-in video for more information.
To start a scheduled meeting from Outlook:
- You may start your meeting by going to the event on your calendar and viewing the scheduled meeting.
- Click on the Add Online Meeting button and you will see the option to start this meeting as the window opens to the right.
The meeting may be started 15 minutes prior. You will see that message and the Start Meeting button will be inactive.
When it is time, the Start Meeting button becomes active:
Outlook Add-In FAQ
If you are using Office 365: Click here for End-User Guide Click here for Admin Guide Q: Are there any requirements for using the Outlook Add-in? A: Yes. Windows 7 and 10: Outlook 2013 / 2016 MAC: OS X 10.10 or later Outlook 2016 Hosted Exchange ...
Outlook Add-In For Office 365 (Admin Guide)
To enable the Online Meeting Outlook Add-in for your organization, follow the below steps: Step 1: Log in to Office Portal Choose the Admin icon. Step 2: Click Deploy Add-in Step 3: Choose I have a URL for the manifest file. and paste the ...
Outlook Add-In For Office 365 (End-User Guide)
This article provides an overview of how to use Online Meeting Outlook add-in for Office 365. Important: Your email administrator must enable this service for your organization before it will be available to you. Read the Knowledge Base article ...
Getting Started - Meetings
Account Manager makes it easy to manage your meetings or review the details of past meetings. Login to your Online Meeting account here: https://login.gomeet.com Your Profile On the upper left-hand corner of your Account Manager, you can see your ...
Meeting Account Settings
Meeting Users will have the following menu available to manage key features on their Online Meeting service. When you log in to your account, you will see the Account link in the top navigation. Account Management Tab This tab reminds you that your ...