Screen Sharing Troubleshooting
Important: If you are sharing your screen and see an error message that you have stopped sharing, this may be a connection problem. Сheck your internet connection. If you are sharing a PowerPoint or PDF document, use the Content Library and upload your document to share. We will host the file for you and save bandwidth.
If you have a slow connection, read our Knowledge Base article on Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues for connectivity tips.
The Monitor icon is grayed out or cannot be clicked to start sharing
This may be due to security on your computer or network.
- Home users: check your firewall software and add an exception for Online Meeting. Do not disable your firewall. Your firewall software vendor's support site should have a quick guide on how to manage your firewall permissions.
- Office or corporate users: ask your IT Department to review your network permissions to share your screen.
I have OSX Catalina and the screen is blank when I try to share
Read our Knowledge Base article on Managing Your Devices On Mac OSX to solve this issue.
When I try to screen share it goes dark and gets stuck.
- Check any firewalls.
- Restart your browser or the application and try again.
If the above is not successful, try restarting your computer to close any conflicting programs.
Screen Sharing is slow or laggy
This may be due to:
- A slow internet connection that is not supporting your ability to allow others to view your desktop.
- Too many programs running on your computer and resources are low.
- Conflict with other software running at the same time.
Attendee In-Meeting Troubleshooting
This article provides troubleshooting steps to resolve the most common troubleshooting questions attendees might have. Audio Troubleshooting Webcam Troubleshooting Screen Sharing Connectivity Troubleshooting Questions about content Audio ...
Requirements: Annotating on another person’s screen is supported on Chrome and the Online Meeting Desktop Application How to use Annotation: The Presenter will start sharing their screen. Any participant that shares their screen will see the button ...
Screen Sharing & MP4 Playback
Screen Sharing Important: Screen Sharing features are open to all participants in a meeting and not limited to the Meeting Host only. To begin screen sharing: Click the Monitor icon at the bottom of the screen: On Chrome Web Browser: you will be ...
Troubleshooting FAQ - Screen Annotation
If you are on Windows 7 using the non-aero theme, you will see that annotation is not enabled. Mouse over the button to see the tooltip: Q: How do I enable Windows Aero? A: Windows Aero is a design setting that enables enhanced graphical effects and ...
Managing Your Devices On Mac OSX
This article applies for Mac OSX. For Windows OS refer to the Online Meeting: Managing Your Devices On Windows OS Catalina and Screen Sharing Important: MacOS Catalina introduced a new screen where you may need to grant access to screen sharing. You ...